Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Welcome Home!

We've actually been home for a few weeks now, but I'm behind on a few posts (what else is new, right?) My goal is to try to post 1-2 times a week so that family and friends can keep up to date with how we're doing.

Here we go!

A teenage girl who lives behind us has been just great with watching our puppies for us while we've been in Ethiopia.....both times.
              
                

  
                            Botti                                                                       Honey


She has been so excited for us to come back home with Eva. She's ready to start babysitting already! Anyway, here is what the house looked like when we walked through the garage door into the house:





I was so moved I started bawling. Poor Eva. She was probably wondering what my deal was. I don't know if it was a combination of jet lag, exhaustion, excitement or what but I cried for about 10 minutes. Fortunately you can't tell it by looking at the picture. The neighbor girl came right over from school to drop off the keys and was the first person to meet Eva. She stayed for a few minutes and then off to bed we all went.

We still have the decorations up. I'm not taking them down until they fall down! :-)

1 comment:

  1. SO sweet!!! how are your puppies doing with Eva? our dog isn't doing that great so far. he wants everything that Jai has and doesn't understand why he can't just rush at him and take it :\

    ReplyDelete