Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Surprise For Me!!

On the morning of December 16, it was snowing like crazy. My drive to work is usually a 30 minute commute with no traffic. This particular morning it took me over an hour to get to work. My day was supposed to start at 8 am. This day I got there at 8:30. I immediately took the kiddos to school on the bus. When I finally got back to school, I was ready to just sit back and relax. The teacher that I worked with, Heather, was asking me if I needed to go into the kitchen for anything. "Nope, I'm good." Usually I would be in the kitchen fixing my oatmeal for breakfast, but that day I changed it up and fixed breakfast at home. After another 10 minutes, Heather asked me to help her in the kitchen with a snack that we were going to make as an activity for the kids. "Sure! Let's go."  When I walked into the kitchen, this is what I saw:



Yummy food!


Look at this cake!




That's when Heather said to me "This is a surprise baby shower for you!"


I couldn't believe it. I started bawling (fortunately there's no pictures of that). I was overwhelmed. My director was crying. My assistant director was crying. It was great! I think in that moment, it started feeling real. I am actually going to be a mom. And it's going to happen in the next couple of months.


After I made my rounds to all the classrooms to tell everyone Thanks, I finally settled back into my classroom with my kids. A few minutes later, Heather, the owner of the School, my Assistant Director, and the Administrative Assistant all came walking in...oh boy! They handed me this card and watched me open it.



Every single one of my coworkers signed it.

And these are what fell out of it when I opened it!

So it stands to reason that I started crying all over again. All week I had prepared myself for keeping it together on my last day. Here I was, the day before my last day, just bawling. It hit me then...how much I enjoyed my job, how much I was going to miss everyone, how blessed I felt. It was truly a great day!

When I got home that evening this is what was sitting on our front porch:

A gift from AGCI (journal & announcement card). We also received our travel packet for when we go to Ethiopia in January.  How cute is this stuffed animal? And it's so soft!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the surprise shower they had for you! And the beautiful cake! And the gifts! And the food and decorations! So neat and exciting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful! What awesome friends and coworkers you have! And yes, those stuffed animals are SO SO soft!!!! Love the one they sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of your co-workers to give you such a wonderful baby shower! And love the sweet gift from AGCI! Love our agency! :)

    ReplyDelete