Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving in Review

This past Thanksgiving it was nice and quiet. My 3-day work week was extrememly busy so I was very glad to be able to decompress on Thanksgiving Day. John worked his regular shift and then worked his overnight part-time job. I did absolutely no cooking!! We ordered a Farmhouse Feast from Bob Evans and I only spent a couple of hours heating everyting up. Unfortunately I wasn't able to even enjoy it that evening because of an upset stomach. It only lasted until Friday evening.

My coworker said something to me the Wednesday before Thanksgiving that just made me smile. She said "This is the last Thanksgiving without your baby." She's absolutely right. That's why it was okay that John and I didn't spend a lot of time together that day. We see the bigger picture and that picture includes Baby E. in it.


Here is a recap of everything that I've been thankful for for the month of November:


1: I am thankful to come home to a roof over my head and food in the cupboards.


2: I am thankful that I can hear my alarm clock in the morning, hear my granddaughter ring the door bell when she gets dropped off every morning, & listen to my praise music on the way to work.


3: I'm thankful that I can put one foot in front of the other without the aid of a crutch, cane, walker or wheelchair...and without any pain!


4: I'm thankful that after 7 years of marriage, my husband and I still enjoy each other's company and can make each other laugh.


5: I'm thankful for the great ladies that I work with at G School. Everyday that put forth their best. I want you to know that your hard work is greatly appreciated!


6: I'm thankful that while I'm sleeping I am being looked after, protected and kept safe by my Heavenly Father. Thank you Jesus!


7: I am thankful to all of my wonderful family and friends who have given us love, support and encouragement throughout our adoption journey.


8: I am thankful that all day, every day, at any time of the day, there is clean, clear water in my home (cold or hot).


9: I am thankful that drama and chaos DO NOT rule my day. An uneventful day is a good day!


10: I am thankful that I was able to fill up my SUV tank (from E to F) for $6.50!! Yahoo!! Thank you Fuelperks :-)


11: I'm thankful for my Grandfather, son-in-law, husband and the thousands of other men & women who risked their life for this country. Without them I might still need permission and papers to go about on my own. I'm thankful that I can walk into a store through the front door, go wherever I want to go, and sit in a restaurant with my husband and have a good meal. Thank you Veterans!!


12: I'm thankful that I am granted traveling mercies everytime I get in my G school bus to take the kiddos to and from school.

13: I am thankful for quiet days filled with relaxation :-)


14:  I am thankful that we RECEIVED OUR ADOPTION REFERRAL!!


15: I am thankful for all the hugs that I get everyday from all my kiddos, in my classroom and the other classrooms. Those squeezes make my day :-)


16: I am thankful that my car starts every time I turn the key in the ingition.


17: I am thankful for my neighbor, Lisa. She has been the one who has notarized ALL of our adoption paperwork from Day 1! After a 10-12 hour workday, she would come over in the evening with a smile on her face and sign/stamp whatever, even if it was just one piece of paper. She's truly a blessing...thanks Lisa! :-)


18: I'm thankful that even though I'm congested, sneezing, coughing, and achy, God is restoring my health to 100%.


19: I'm thankful for being with my husband exactly 9 years today.. Anniversary of first kiss and getting engaged on this date. He's the best...Love you babe! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment