Friday, November 4, 2011

One Year Ago....

One year ago today, we were officially #1 on the waitlist for a referral. I remember feeling excited, nervous, anxious and wondering if we would be in that #1 spot for days or weeks. You can read all about where we were one year ago today.

It's amazing how much has happened in exactly one year. We had no idea that on this date, exactly 4 months later, our daughter would be home with us. And today, exactly 8 months from the day we brought her home, she is totally thriving! Just in the last 4 to 6 weeks, Eva has been showing us another layer to her personality. She is such a cuddler now. I don't mean just sitting on my lap. I mean sitting on my lap, leaning her head against my chest, not because she's tired, or hurt. Just because. Because that's where she wants to be.

Every night after we read our bedtime stories, we rock on the rocking chair and sing songs....Rockasong. Usually after I finish singing, she's ready to be in her crib laying down, calling it a night. The last couple of weeks though, she has been holding on tighter and tighter, for longer periods of time. I don't know if it's because subconsciously she's going through something based on what she was going through and where she was this time last year or because she has allowed herself to feel more comfortable with me and is willing to attach more. I'm praying it's the latter because that means that God is healing her soul.

Could there be any more greatness today? Yup! Today our baby girl is 21 months old today. The joy of my life is almost 2 years old. Wow!! I'm so blessed to be a witness to her amazing life. Today we took Eva to the zoo, one of her favorite places and then went out to lunch at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant. What a great way to celebrate our family. God is good!

 
This was the 1st time Eva fed herself the entire meal! And she did so well.
John & I tore the injera for her and she did the rest
   

We also had another big transition in our home today. Our baby girl is turning into a big girl.....a big little girl. And that means no more sleeping in the crib anymore.   


She was so excited to be in her bed. She kept saying "Night, night!"

                  

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I'm glad her attachment is getting stronger and stronger. Let me know how the toddler bed goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just precious!!! Love her big girl bed!

    ReplyDelete