Saturday, January 28, 2012

Reflection Series - Ethiopia Trip 1 - Day 1

These next several blog posts are going to be reflecting back on where we were and what we were doing exactly one year ago. We were a family of 2 soon to become a family of 3!


Last year, on this day, John & I headed off to Ethiopia for the first time. I was excited, nervous, anxious, and restless all at the same time. I felt like I could jump out of my skin (and that's a weird feeling) J I had never been on a flight longer than 6 hours and was nervous about the 12 hour flight.


That day was the beginning of the rest of our lives never being the same again. Being in Ethiopia. Stepping foot onto a continent and into a country that I had learned just several months prior was where my maternal Grandfather came from. Words cannot begin to describe the feelings that overtake you. Priceless!

Read all about that day here when we made our way across the Atlantic Ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment