Sunday, January 29, 2012

Reflection Series - Ethiopia Trip 1 - Day 2

January 29, 2011: Morning time in Ethiopia. And we were making our descent in Addis Ababa, the capital city. After all the sleeping I had done on the plane, I couldn't believe that we were actually landing in Ethiopia. It's officially been the farthest that I've traveled. It was a gorgeous day.

We couldn't believe that after 18+ months of paperwork, interviews, fingerprints, and waiting, we were finally in the country where our daughter was born. It was truly an exciting day. I remember it vividly.

Here's what happened on that day.

Today, I marvel at my daughter. She couldn't stand to be around us a year ago....truly. She would cry and scream the second we walked into her room at HH. And now I hear "Good morning Mama" and "Night, night Mama". I get hugs and kisses all throughout the day. It is so amazing the changes that can happen in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment