Thursday, March 1, 2012

Activities! Activities!

Those who really know me know that winter is my least favorite season. When I was working outside of the home, it took everything in me to get out of that warm bed and get ready for work. Now that I am a stay-at-home mom, it's still hard to get out of that cozy warm bed. And I still don't want to leave the house. Last year was perfect because I spent the winter indoors, cocooning with Eva. However, this year is not the case. While I'm a homebody and have no problem staying indoors all day everyday, I know that Eva needs to get out, socialize and have some fun! So I purposely planned activites during this winter season to force myself to get out of the house and let Eva have some fun.

Sunday starts off with church. While John and I go to the main service in the sanctuary, Eva spends those 2 hours in the nursery playing the whole time and getting loved on. She usually plays so hard that by the time she wakes up from her nap, she's mellowed out for the rest of the day.

Mondays, Eva is a Bear Cub. We go to a 30-minute tumbling class. She gets to run around, climb, roll around, jump on a trampline and lots of other physical stuff. We do stretches at the beginning of class. Even though it's only 30 minutes, Eva uses her time to the fullest. She definitely knows how to play hard! 

















On Tuesday, we go to an activity called Explorer Tots. She gets to color, paint, play with blocks or playdough, play in home living, read books or play instruments. Towards the end of the activity, there is circle time with movement and singing. She has such a good time there. And because it's in the evening, it's just what she needs to tire her out and give her a good night's sleep. 

















Eva is all about her music on Wednesday when we go to Music Fun. This is also 30 minutes. She got to sing songs, play with instruments, and dance around. It was only 3 sessions and it wasn't quite what I thought it would be, so I may try to find her something that's a bit longer. 



Thursdays if we don't make it to the Library, I try to take her to the Bounce House. 
      


On Fridays, Eva gets to tumble again. We go to my favorite Dance studio and she gets to run around, tumble, climb, and jump around for a whole hour. We do story time and circle time here also. By the time we're finished with Toddler Time, Eva is falling asleep on the way home. 

       




It's swimming time on Saturdays. Eva and I went to swim class last summer and she loved it a lot. I didn't realize how much she missed it until we were in Florida over Christmas break and everyday she asked to go swimming in my parents' pool. I decided to get her back into it because she missed it and because I didn't want to keep her away from it long enough for her to build up a fear or insecurity about it. She still thinks she can swim without me holding on to her. She also likes getting dunked a lot more and likes jumping off the side to me in the water. Still no fear in the water. That's exactly what I wanted!

If we don't have errands to run after swim class, I like to take Eva to the Library for story time. At this point, we've only gone one time, but she enjoyed it so much that I want to try to take her every week, if possible. After they do story time in one room, everyone goes to another room where they have fun activities for the kids to do.


 

















Saturdays are also for playdates with my mom friends who work outside the home during the week. I love spending one-on-one time with my friends, catching up, hanging out. Eva does so much stuff during the week with groups of kids, it's nice to have that time where she's just with one friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment