Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dossier is on its way!

Today has been both an extremely frustrating and absolutely exhilirating day!


It started at 7:30 this morning. I called our doctor's office this morning to find out if I could take our medical forms in to be signed by our doctor and notarized by their in-house notary. Many of you probably remember my frustration that I've had with this form from reading my previous BLOG POST. An appointment time was set for later on in the afternoon and I was ecstatic. But as quickly as I became excited, it quickly faded. All of a sudden the form in question became the focus of the conversation: What kind of form is it? What does it say? What is the doctor signing his name to?


The medical form basically states that we do not suffer from pulmonary TB or any other (mental) disease or infection that would prevent us from raising a child.


I was immediately questioned as to when we had our last TB test, who performed it, etc. I was then transferred to another nurse in the office and had to leave a voicemail for her explaining the whole situation. Frustrated and annoyed does not even begin to explain how I was feeling. John was already at work, so I called him up ranting and raving in anger. Thank God for him because he was able to calm me down and get that vein to stop popping out of my forehead.

I decided that the answer to my rage was to do some retail therapy. I am not a person who usually solves my problems that way, but today was an absolute exception! I got Eva and myself ready and off to shopping we went J

We had a really fun time together buying birthday and baby shower gifts. Coincidentally (NOT) we started heading for home at around the same time that we were supposed to be at the doctor's office. Earlier in the afternoon, I had actually told the receptionist not to expect  me because I had not heard from the nurse yet. We were on the road for about 10 minutes when the nurse from the doctor's office called. She apologized profusely for all the confusion and said that the doctor could sign the forms.....and he could do it "Now", so off we went to the doctor's office.

We got there a little after 2 o'clock and just 10 minutes later I had the "magical" medical forms in hand!



This was the ABSOLUTE last form that was needed to send out our dossier. I immediately went home and made the necessary copies for the dossier.



When we got to the FedEx store, a little after 4 o'clock, the sign on the door said that the last FedEx pickup was at 4:00! Oh no!! As I'm explaning this all to Eva, the guy at the store says that the sign is just a suggestion, that the truck had not showed up yet for the last pickup. Praise God....I can breathe again J

By 4:25 pm, the package was sealed up and headed for Portland, Oregon. I was able to get a picture with Eva & me holding the precious dossier right before it got put on the FedEx truck. You see, as we were getting our picture taken, the Last FedEx truck of the day arrived.



So unbelievably excited! Only God could make a day that Satan tried to crush and turn it into something entirely amazing. Now all we have to do is wait for it be approved and get our waitlist number J

No comments:

Post a Comment