Friday, March 15, 2013

C4C 2013


Earlier this month I had the wonderful opportunity to attend an adoptive mamas' only 3-day retreat in beautiful Buford, GA called Created for Care. I cannot tell you how excited I was to go to this. Back in August 2012 when I registered, I was like a giddy school girl. When I first heard about it a couple of years ago, I didn't think I would benefit from anything there.....plus the fact that we had JUST brought Eva home from Ethiopia. Then last year I heard SO MANY positive stories and read such wonderful testimonies that it totally piqued my interest and I decided if at all possible, I HAD to be there this year. Thanks to God and my wonderful hubby, I was able to attend. 

One of the mamas who helped create and organize this whole retreat is an AGCI mama. Even though we talked very briefly, I feel a special connection to her because of that. And to the other AGCI mamas that I met. There's an unspoken bond between us. We get each other because of our experience to bring home our precious little ones from Ethiopia. 

I had such a BLESSED experience at the retreat that I'm not sure if I can put it all into words. And some of it I don't want to....that's between me and God. I went there with a totally open heart and open mind, ready to change whatever the Holy Spirit prompted me to change.

The first evening, after we checked in, was a worship session. Have you ever heard 450 adoptive mamas in one room singing, praising, and worshiping the Lord? It was a sight to see....truly magnificent! And it was like that for the next 2 days. We ended our days with a worship session.




In between though, there were several mini sessions that went on that had to be chosen prior to attending. Everything that was applicable to the life and experience of an adoptive mama, from sensory issues to marriage issues, from hair issues and family issues to family support and everything in between, there was something for all of us to experience  and learn from.  We all ate lunch and dinner together and got to meet all kinds of wonderful people, hear tearful testimonies and laugh at funny home life stories.

The weekend can be summed up in just a few words -- DIVINE APPOINTMENT and AWESOME. This retreat has changed me for the better and I'm so glad that I was able to attend and feel such a special bond with so many women.



I am still pondering the thought of writing more posts to talk about some specific experiences, but right now I just don't know. At this very moment I'm feeling very protective of my specific experience and don't want to share too much of it. Maybe as I become more rooted in what God wants me to do and I learn how to do it with ease I'll feel more open to sharing in the months ahead. 

I only pray that in a few months when registration rolls around again that I'll be able to sign up Created for Care 2014!! 

1 comment:

  1. You are one very sweet momma! So thankful I got to know you. Can't wait to see what kind of car we will get for C4c 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete