Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Eva's 1st Family Vacation - Day 2

Day 2 - July 15, 2011
Cruise Day!


    
 Happy Birthday to Me!!

Our day started at 4 am. Not Eva though...she was awake and talking at 2:30. You think she knew where we were going? With everyone showered and dressed, we checked out of our hotel room and were on the first shuttle to the airport by 5 am headed to Boston. Eva still proved that she is a GREAT traveler. The 90 minute plane ride was a cake walk compared to a 15- hour flight.

We got to the Cruise Terminal super early and had to wait a few hours before we could check in. John took Eva all around the area while I chilled out for a little bit - some ME time


We were eventually able to get on the boat around 11:30 but our staterooms weren't ready until 2:00, so we had to go to the buffet restaurant with our carry-on luggage. Fortunately Eva was able to get a 45-minute nap after she ate some lunch.



After lunch we went out on the sun deck, found a lounge chair and decided to relax there for a while until our staterooms were getting ready. We got into our rooms at 2:00 just like they said and our luggage came shortly after. I'm the kind of person that needs to unpack and get organized so I took the next hour and a half to do just that. John asked me to make myself busy around the ship for a bit while he helped Eva work on something for me. When I got back to the room, John & Eva gave me some birthday cards. Then we walked around and checked out our cruise ship, ate dinner and called it a night.



Eva LOVED sleeping on the pullman porter bed. Her head was at the top of the rail and we put 2
 large pillows at the foot of the rail. She was snug as a bug in a rug every night  
  
What a wonderful birthday. Admittedly it was a very llloonnngg day but I was blessed to be able to spend it with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment