Thursday, August 4, 2011

Eva's 1st Family Vacation - Day 6

Day 6 - July 19, 2011
Last day in Bermuda

The first thing I did this morning when I woke up was go down to the Gangway deck and check the weather. As a tourist I was hoping that it would be a sunny beautiful day so we could take Eva to the beach. But as someone returning home again I hoped that it was still raining as the island was under a 2 1/2 month drought! The winner was rain....cold, windy rain. By the time we showered, dressed and ate breakfast, the rain had stopped. We made our way off the boat to buy a few things.

After a couple of hours we were back on the boat for lunch and Eva's nap. She slept longer than usual and by the time all 3 of us got refreshed again, it was 4:30. All guests had to be on the ship by 5:00 set to depart at 5:30. John suggested that we go up on a deck to watch the ship pull away, so we made our way to the sun deck. All cruise ships entering and leaving Bermuda must have a Bermudian pilot on board to navigate the ship through the coral reefs.

The rain had stopped, clouds parted, sun brightly shining. It turned out to be a beautiful afternoon. As I was looking down at the wharf, I saw a man and woman so familiar that I had to call out to them. It was my aunt and uncle! I don't know how long they were there waiting to see us but there they were. I kept saying to John that I had to get off the boat to say goodbye but I couldn't because it was just after 5:00. I didn't have my cell phone with me so John went back down to our room to get it. Just then my aunt's son, a Bermuda pilot, called my name and was standing behind me. I was told later that he requested to pilot the cruise ship out so that he could have a chance to see us! I'm so glad he found us. That ship was HUGE and there were so many places we could have been. Family is so wonderful!!





It was so wonderful to see family again just as we were sailing off. I miss them already! We watched the ship sailaway for the next 45 minutes. Bye Bermie..........I hope we get to see you soon!!

Then we got dressed up and had some portraits taken and then had dinner at the Venetian restaurant. Tonight it was all about John & I getting just our portraits done, but Eva looked so cute that we had to get a couple of shots with her in it too


By the time we were finished with dinner, Eva was worn out but would not settle down enough to go to sleep. We went back to the room, put her in her pjs and stroller and did laps on the walking deck, 5 to be exact. Another great day. Tomorrow is a full day at sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment