Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blogging Again!

Well......it has been exactly 3 months since I last posted anything. That's right! For those family and friends who have been waiting on me to put something up here.......the time has come!

This summer turned out to be WAY more busy than I had ever anticipated. Trips got planned at the last minute, day trips got planned while we were on other trips. It has truly been exhausting. But oh-so-much fun! I'm actually still recovering from it all.

And the best way to start the blogging up again would be to do something that I haven't done since we were waiting for Eva.....post our new waitlist number. 

We started out on the list at #139 in mid March. We knew that we would be in the 100s. Not quite sure where though. Of course, we were pleased with where we started. We know the wait will be a long one. That may be the one thing that we've prepared ourselves for the most. But all the more reason to totally spoil and love on our sweet Eva before Baby B comes along.

Each month there has been movement. More movement than we had ever anticipated. And this month was no exception. Last night as I was scrolling through my e-mail, I saw that I had an e-mail from AGCI that said 'Monthly Update'. I couldn't believe it. You see, for the past couple of months we (all the AGCI families) have been receiving our numbers later than scheduled. I thought this would be another one of those months. Well, you can imagine my surprise when I opened the e-mail and saw that our new waitlist number is .....



You read it correctly....1-0-9!! John and I are beside ourselves about this number. I mean, who jumps 30 spots in just 4 short months?!? We may still be in the 100s, but we are SO CLOSE to being under 100 that it makes me a little giddy just thinking about it. God is so good and we are so grateful for these small steps. We are also so very happy for all the families ahead of us because it means that they are getting referred precious little ones that they will get to bring home very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment