Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Ohio State Fair

Two weeks ago I took Eva to the Ohio State Fair. It used to be a 4-week event but in the last couple of years it has been reduced to just 2 weeks in length. 

We got there early in the morning since it was supposed to be a scorching day. I was determined to introduce Eva to the wonders of Fair food: funnel cakes, cotton candy, caramel apples, mini donuts. I was all set to have nothing but junk food as our 3 meals of the day, but soon realized that I needed some real food or I would crash a lot sooner.

We ate some gyro for breakfast and started walking. I was able to find Kiddie Land and there we stayed for most of our time. Of course, the very first thing Eva wanted to ride was the carousel........wish granted :-) We rode a couple more rides and then I became aware VERY QUICKLY that if we were going to ride even a couple more rides, I'd better purchase a wristband so she could get on the rides all day. 

As it turned out, there were some rides, that only she could ride by herself. I was too big. I wasn't sure how she'd react. Sometimes Eva just has her moments where she's feeling clingy and I was hoping this wasn't one of those times. I wanted her to be able to ride the rides and have fun and not be scared that I wasn't right there with her. 

She did great! She rode the Water Gator and Bug-N-Around rides all by herself. I was able to ride a few rides with her...even the Wacky Worm, a little mini roller-coaster. She loved it.
















I let Eva ride the rides until she was worn out. We got some lunch and then it was time for the really GOOD stuff.....cotton candy and funnel cake! We got a small bag of cotton candy that had blue and pink candy inside. I kept trying to get her to taste it. I even had to push it in her mouth. I mean really....what kid doesn't like sugar?!? Well, as it turned out, she didn't want the BLUE part, she wanted the PINK part! After a few bites of cotton candy, we got on the sky glider and rode from one side of the fair and back. 














By that point it was about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. Eva had not taken a nap yet. The heat was unbelievable with NO breeze, and we were both tired of walking around. I was glad Eva had such a good time. I was ecstatic that she got an even better nap! I was totally worn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment