Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Both Hands Daddy!

A couple of months ago, while we were in Bermuda, John made me aware that there was a block of time in July in between my birthday and our anniversary that he had off from work. We discussed going back to Florida to see my parents and booked our airfare. When we got home from Bermuda, we had 3 weeks to decompress and get into a somewhat regular routine before it was time to get back into travel mode.

There is an M&M store in one of the malls in Florida that Eva and I just love to go to. They have so much cool stuff. Since the May trip to Florida, Eva had been requesting purple M&Ms and we told her that soon we would go back to the M&M store. Eva did get her purple M&MS, light and dark purple. That evening when we got home, something really funny happened between John and Eva. Here's what happened (in his words):

I took 4 M&Ms out of the bag and put it back in it's hiding spot! Just as I popped the first one in my mouth, Eva scooted around the corner and said "Dadda, whatcha got?" I quickly swallowed the chocolatey treat without biting or tasting it. I opened my mouth wide and said "I don't have anything in my mouth baby!" Eva looked at me knowing that something wasn't right and said "Whatcha got your hand?" 

Me, being a quick-witted adult, palmed the 3 remaining M&Ms in my left hand, stuck out my empty right hand and said, "See, there's nothing in my hand." I quickly realized that I had underestimated my 28 month-old baby! So as Eva approached me, I passed the M&Ms behind my back from the left hand to the right hand. Eva said "Show me your hands Dadda." I opened up my left hand, showed it to Eva and said "See baby, I don't have anything in my hand." 

Eva - now standing directly in front of me in a wide-legged stance extended her hands held together in a prayer-like manner. She unfolded them showing her palms, just so I wasn't confused about what she was wanting and replied "I said show me both hands Dadda!" I opened up both hands revealing the 3 M&Ms and Eva snatched them out of my hand, popped them in her mouth and said "Thanks Dad!" 

And once again, I have been duped by my 28 month old daughter!




No comments:

Post a Comment